The 2022 Geelong Small Business Festival was held from 1 – 31 August, and featured 56 events to help small businesses in our region, attracting a record 1,570 attendees.
The Geelong Small Business Festival continues to be our region’s largest dedicated business festival, supporting local small businesses by providing opportunities to up-skill, learn and build networks with other local business people and industry experts. The festival continues to connect, inspire and grow local businesses.
Events, seminars and workshop were presented across a broad range of topics critical to small business success, including starting and growing a business, digital marketing and social media, financial management, leading and managing people, and sustainability.
The official launch event featuring Todd Sampson’s extraordinary keynote ‘Boost Your Brainpower’ was a sell out event. Guests also enjoyed the insightful panel presentation featuring some of Geelong’s most exceptional businesses as they spoke about their keys to business success, business challenges, and shared business stories and insights. It was a brilliant evening bringing together folks across the region to celebrate our rich and diverse business community.
Positive feedback provided through event surveys from attendees, businesses, and industry stakeholders highlights the value provided by the festival to our local small business community. 89.5% of attendees agreed or strongly agreed that the event provided them with information that they plan to use in their business, 94.2% agreed or strongly agreed that the event helped them gain additional skills and knowledge, and 94.8% agreed or strongly agreed that the event was relevant to their needs.
Comments from 2022 event attendees:
- ‘Presenter was so great and knowledgeable! Really practical session, the workbook with takeaway plan means we can implement straight away. Really useful, thanks so much!’
- ‘This networking event exceeded my expectations with both the presentation and the opportunity to build new relationships in the local business community. The venue was also breathtakingly beautiful, and the food was delicious. I am so glad I attended this event.’
- ‘Amazing, so much useful information I can’t wait to use! Amazing presenter, content was perfect. Thank you so much!’
- ‘Great job! Very informative and helpful for someone who is very new to the business world.’
- ‘It had the right mix of professionalism and personal connection. The high level of authenticity of the presenters is what made it memorable and even more valuable.’
GSBF2022 was proudly supported by the City of Greater Geelong.