From education to inspiration, Geelong Small Business Festival is helping businesses throughout Greater Geelong.
The City of Greater Geelong is thrilled to be hosting the Geelong Small Business Festival (GSBF). Now in its twelfth year, our region’s largest dedicated business festival has helped hundreds of local businesses and thousands of people looking to start, grow or improve their business.
GSBF 2022 features an exciting program of more than 50 low-cost and free events designed to connect, inspire, grow and support our local business community.
Whether you’re experienced in business, a budding entrepreneur or looking to start your own business, GSBF provides opportunities to hear from industry experts, up-skill, gain new knowledge across all areas of business and make new business connections. This is a great opportunity to use this education, challenge your business thinking, and implement the education inspiration in your business.
Events, workshops and presentations held during August will cover:
- Marketing, social media and promoting your business online – branding, social media, digital marketing, new digital technologies and e-commerce
- Business essentials – finance, accounting, tax and legal
- Starting a business – business/marketing plans, obtaining permits, home-based business, and co-working spaces
- Growing your business, sales and expanding your networks – networking, business mentoring and tips for success
- Career development, leading and managing people – HR, leadership, staff employment, managing and motivating a team, culture and diversity
- Health and wellbeing – staying connected, resilience in the workplace, staff safety, OH&S, mental and physical health
- Sustainability and social responsibility – giving back, reducing carbon footprint, engaging fair trade suppliers, adopting a circular economy approach
Our more than 19,000 small businesses are a huge driver of Greater Geelong’s economy, and their success is important to our community and critical to our vision for a Clever and Creative future.
Join us this August for an engaging and inspiring festival of business events, workshops and presentations to support our business community.
If you’d like to read more about past events, check out the pages below: