The Promoter is Greater Geelong City Council, 30 Gheringhap Street, Geelong VIC 3220 (ABN 18 374 210 672).
The Participant is the entrant to the Competition.
The Competition is the Geelong Small Business Festival Competition 2020.
By participating in this competition, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
Competition entry and details
1. The Competition commences at 7:00am on Tuesday 1 September 2020 and closes at 5:00pm on Friday 18 September 2020.
2. Entry into the Competition is limited to one entry per person per event.
3. To be eligible to enter this Competition, the Participant must:
3.1. be over the age of 18 years old;
3.2. live and/or work in the Greater Geelong region;
3.3. attend one or more Geelong Small Business Festival 2020 events;
3.4. complete and submit an online feedback form (including your name, phone number and email address) for each event the Participant attends; and
3.5. agree for the Participant’s email address to be added to the subscription list for the Economic Development Geelong monthly eNews list.
4. Employees of the Promoter’s Economic Development Unit and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
5. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows a Participant to automatically enter the Competition repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Participant invalid.
6. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
Competition draw, prizes and winner
7. The winner of the Competition will be determined by prize draw which will take place on Monday 28 September 2020.
8. The winning Participant will receive an Apple MacBook Air 13-inch i3 256GB with charger and magic mouse (Prize).
9. There will be five runners up Participants in the Competition, who will each receive a $100 MasterCard voucher (Runner-up Prize).
10. The winners of the Prize and Runner-up Prizes will be notified by 5:00pm on Monday 28 September 2020 via an email sent to the email address provided on the online feedback form (Winning email).
11. All winning Participants must respond to the Promoter in the manner outlined in the Winning email by 4:00pm on Friday 2 October 2020 in order to claim their prize and arrange for its delivery.
12. If a winning Participant fails to claim their prize by failing to respond to the Promoter by 4:00pm on Friday 2 October 2020, that prize will be deemed unclaimed and result in a re-draw.
13. The Promoter’s decision is final and conclusive.
14. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any Participant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
15. If the Competition is interfered with in any way, or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated, due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
15.1. To disqualify any Participant from the Competition; or
15.2. to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
16. The winning Participants agree to make themselves available for publicity and promotional purposes, if required by the Promoter.
17. The Prize and Runner-up Prizes are not transferrable or redeemable for cash.
18. The Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, in connection with the Competition, including but not limited to:
18.1. Any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether under the Promoter’s control);
18.2. Any theft, unauthorised access or third-party interference;
18.3. Any submission which is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether before or after the receipt by the Promoter);
18.4. any entry, prize or claim for a prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether before or after receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
18.5. Any variation in prize value from that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
18.6. Any tax liability (including FBT) incurred by an entrant or winner; or
18.7. Use of the Prize or Runner-Up Prize.