By participating in this competition, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The promoter of this competition is the Greater Geelong City Council, 137-148
ercer Street, Geelong VIC 3220, ABN 18 374 210 672 (City) and the
eelong Chamber of Commerce, Suite 13, Level 2, 10 Moorabool Street, Geelong VIC 3220, ABN 93 448 204 638 (Chamber).
- The competition commences at 7.00am on Tuesday 1 August 2023 and closes at 11.59pm on Thursday 31 August 2023. Entries will only be accepted during this period.
- Entry is open to persons 18 years of age and over who live and/or work in the local government areas of the Greater Geelong City Council, the Colac Otway Shire, the Golden Plains Shire, the Surf Coast Shire or the Borough of Queenscliff.
- By entering this competition, you warrant to the City and Chamber that you are eligible to enter this competition based on these terms and conditions.
- Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with any part of these terms and conditions you should not enter the competition or accept any prize resulting from entry into the competition.
- The City and Chamber staff, their immediate families and those directly involved with this competition are ineligible to enter the prize draw.
- Entry into the competition is limited to one entry per person, per event attended by that person.
- The City and Chamber reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Failure by the City or Chamber to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- To enter this competition:
- to be eligible to win the ‘Major Prize’ you must attend three or more events listed in the Geelong
Small Business Festival program (available at www.gsbf.com.au) and complete and submit the
feedback survey (including your name, phone number and email address for a minimum of three events you attended;
- to be eligible to win one of the Runners-up Prizes you must attend one or more events listed in the
Geelong Small Business Festival program (available at www.gsbf.com.au) and complete and submit the feedback survey (including your name, phone number and email address) for one event you attended.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter the competition repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- One winner will be determined by draw and will receive the ‘Major Prize’, which is an Apple MacBook. Four other winners will be determined by draw and will each receive the ‘Runners-up Prize’, which is a giftpack featuring locally designed gifts and products. Winners will be eligible to win one prize only in total.
- The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- Unless otherwise stated, all costs incurred by a winner to accept or use the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
- The prize draw will take place at the City’s office at 137-149 Mercer Street Geelong 3220 on Tuesday 5 September 2023.
- The method of drawing will be random and each entrant will have an equal chance of being drawn.
- The prize winner/winners will be notified by 5.00pm on Wednesday 6 September 2023 via email or phone and the City or Chamber will deliver the prize or arrange for it to be picked up by the winner/winners within 28 days after the draw.
- The City’s decision is final and conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
- A prize will be deemed unclaimed if the City, despite using reasonable efforts, is not able to deliver the prize to the winner in accordance with condition 4.3.A further draw for the prizes, if unclaimed, will take place after Tuesday 10 October 2023 at the same place as the competition draw.
- If you are the winner of a prize worth more than $1,000, you consent to the City and Chamber using your name in any media for the purpose of publishing the outcome of this competition for a minimum of 28 days.
- If this competition is interfered with in any way, or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated, due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the City, the City reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
- to disqualify any entrant; or
- to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition, as appropriate.
The City and Chamber (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition, including but not limited to, the following:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the City or Chambers control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third-party interference;
- any entry, prize or claim for a prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether before or after receipt by the City or Chamber) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the City or Chamber;
- any variation in prize value from that stated in these terms and conditions;
- any tax liability (including FBT) incurred by an entrant or winner; or
- use of the prize.
- Introduction: This Privacy Collection Statement outlines how we collect, use, disclose, and protect your personal information in relation to your participation in the competition. By entering the competition, you consent to the practices described in this statement.
- Personal Information Collection: We will collect personal information from you during the competition registration process. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, contact details (such as email address, phone number, and postal address), age, and any other information required for the competition’s eligibility verification purposes.
- Purpose of Collection: The personal information collected will be used for the following purposes:
- To facilitate your participation in the competition and verify your eligibility.
- To contact you regarding competition updates, results, and related communications.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements under the Gambling Regulation Act 2003 (Vic).
- To conduct data analysis, research, and reporting to improve future competitions and our services.
- The Marketing Communication described in clause 9
- Consent and Legal Basis: By participating in the competition, you provide explicit consent for us to collect, use, and process your personal information for the stated purposes. The legal basis for processing your data is to also fulfill our contractual obligations in administering the competition and comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Disclosure of Personal Information: Your personal information may be shared with the following parties for the purposes outlined above:
- Our authorized employees and representatives involved in the administration of the competition.
- Regulatory authorities and legal entities as required by law.
- Any other third parties who provide services related to the competition.
- Geelong Chamber of Commerce.
- City of Greater Geelong.
- Data Security and Retention: We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, or destruction. We will retain your data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this statement or as required by applicable laws.
- Access and Correction: You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to request corrections if necessary. If you wish to access or update your information, please contact us using the details provided in this statement.
- Third-Party Links: Our website or competition platform may contain links to third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these external sites. Please review the privacy policies of these websites when visiting them.
- Contact Information: For any questions, concerns, access requests, or complaints regarding this Privacy Collection Statement or our privacy practices, please contact the City’s Privacy Officer on 03 52 72 5272 or email [email protected]
- Updates to the Statement: We may update this Privacy Collection Statement from time to time to reflect changes in our privacy practices or legal requirements. Any updates will be posted on our website, and your continued participation in the competition will constitute your acceptance of the revised statement.
By participating in the competition, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Privacy Collection Statement, and you agree to its terms and conditions.